NSLU is a small network storage device made by linksys. Read more about the NSLU2 on wikipedia.
The reason this device is great is due to the fact that your able to flash the firmware and run Linux - See http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
- PXE boot server - Useful for recovering machines and running GHOST.
- MP3 Streaming - Playing an MP3 whilst away from my home
- OpenVPN - Compiling and using the NSLU as a CLIENT gateway device.
- OpenVPNserver - As a SERVER
- WakeOnLan - Remotely waking up other computers
- UnslungRebuild - Cross compiling the Unslung 6.8 beta code
- Thumbnail Cache and performance